Wednesday, February 16, 2011

To My Greatest Source of Happiness

Dear Grandma,
You do so much for our whole family and rarely does anyone take the time to thank you for all the work you do. For as long as I can remember, you've been there to help me. When I was younger, you were there when I was little and needed a snack when my mom an dad weren't around, you never hesitated to help me with my weekly spelling words, and most of all, you always made sure I was happy even if it meant doing something you didn't want to do. At times we have had disagreements, like when my friends and I wanted to do flips off the trampoline on to the ground, and you didn't let us. Even though I still think we would have been fine, you were just looking out for us just in case we were not quite the acrobats we thought we were. Besides, it's these endearing qualities that make you who you are; a cautious, worrisome, loving grandmother who would never let her grandson hurt himself. Consequently, I am starting to develop many of the same qualities. Even though I am getting older and we see each other less and less, you continue to do little things to ensure my happiness. For example, you occasionally leave a couple Loonies on my desk to ensure I have bus fare, you always make sure I have something to eat when I get home from school, you tell me how proud of me you are, and I always sleep best when you make my bed. I wish you could stay by my side and see me shape into the adult you helped mold and possibly even teach me your bed making secrets. Unfortunately, we both know this dream could never be reality. Thus why I am sending you this Valentine, so you know that even as I grow older and am forced to spend Valentine's day without you, I will never forget you and all the wonderful things you did for me. However, in return you must promise to always remember that I am eternally grateful and will always love you. Happy Valentine's day grandma!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOD ROWAN. HAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHA. YOU DO KNOW THAT THE TEACHERS READ THE COMMENTS AS WELL RIGHT?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cuuute! However, I still think you should learn how to make your own bed..

    ROWAN AHAHAHAHAH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your grandma reminds me of mine, too bad she lives on the other side of the world

    ReplyDelete